Saturday 20 March 2010

Apparently we're having an alien...

I had my first scan this morning. I was given a due date of 14 September, making me 14 weeks and 4 days today, and I was told that everything was in the normal range. The baby seemed very energetic and did lots of moving round while we were in there, but the one thing it didn't do was face the camera :). In fact the sonographer told me to go and walk around while she saw the next lady and then she'd bring me back in to see if we could get a better shot.

The baby still wasn't facing the right way (my opinion is that it turned round then turned back again in the time I was walking round, just to be awkward) but the sonographer took a couple of shots anyway. Here they are.

Although they're separate shots, the top two are more or less close-ups of the bottom two. The ones on the left show the baby on its tummy, with its spine at the top and a leg on the left, and the ones on the right show a fairly scary-looking shot of the best we could see of its face.

If you click on the picture you can zoom in for a closer look.

Here's hoping it won't burst out of my stomach like it did with Sigourney Weaver...

3 comments:

Steve Whitehouse said...

Congratulations Sally! Parenthood is the best, and you are going to love it. Wishing you a safe and happy pregnancy. Big love, Steve (Whitehouse), Fiona, Freya and Eva. xxx

Julie Clement said...

A friend of mine is a midwife at the Princess Anne, her name is Catherine...

Keri Donald said...

Awe!

Are you going to find out the gender of the baby? If so, how much longer do you have to wait?!