Thursday 17 April 2008

Three Reasons to Smile

1. My Mum and Dad are on their way down to visit us as I type - haven't seen them since Christmas;

2. Our new admin girl started work on Monday and she's brilliant;

3. I was in the car just now and Michaela Tabb, UK snooker's only professional female referee, was being interviewed. Which means it's World Championship time again!

I don't much go in for the UK's favourite pastime, football (that's actual football, not the game you play with your hands), although I used to be quite a fan in the past and still keep an eye on what's going on. But I would much rather watch some of the less popular sports, like golf and snooker. I spent quite a lot of time last weekend wondering whether staying up late each night to watch the Masters from Augusta was a good idea - then deciding it was and staying up - and this weekend is the start of one my favourite two-week periods in the sporting year: the Snooker World Championships. And yes, I know it's weird, but I don't care.

Another favourite spectator sport of mine is darts - even stranger than snooker, I know, but Ben will testify that it gets quite exciting. We watched the finals of the World Championships in January while he was living here - he wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but by the time Rob came in and wanted to change the channel, we were able to out-vote him two to one!

1 comment:

Jenny Greenwood said...

...and no.4 - it's only 16 days until our holiday!