Wednesday 16 July 2008

Getting Back On

I cycled to work and back today for the first time since my accident. I set off quite early this morning in the hope that the traffic would be light - and it was, but I took things really slowly so by the time I got towards the end of the journey the traffic was building up. I was quite nervous this afternoon before I set off, because there's more traffic in an evening, but again I took it slowly and I was fine - although one Land Rover did decide that the best time to overtake me was when I was riding along a stretch of road with a traffic island between the two lanes, giving him less room to get past; he was so close I almost banged on his passenger side window in protest, but I didn't want to lose my balance. Still, apart from that, home in one piece!

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

Good for you for getting back out there! I hope your rides are nothing but safe from now on :)

memento said...

You're very courageous! It's so annoying when people drive past when there's no room... once someone actually bumped their mirror against my arm (and I really hope they had some damage *evil*)

Jenny Greenwood said...

Well done Sal, glad you took it slowly and got home in one piece!

Keri Donald said...

Yea for your courage! Glad that you're feeling well enough to bike as well!!!