Tuesday 1 July 2008

Every Cloud...

Whilst I would prefer that my accident hadn't happened, the fact that it did meant I've been unable to get about and have therefore seen a lot more of Euro 2008 and Wimbledon than I otherwise would have done. Even though there were no home nations in Euro 2008, I still followed it quite closely and thoroughly enjoyed the matches I watched. The Turkey v Czech Republic match, where Turkey came from 2-0 behind to win 3-2 in the last 15 minutes, was a particularly good match, as was the quarter-final match between Netherlands and Russia, which Netherlands were widely expected to win but lost 3-1 to the youngest and most inexperienced side in the championship.

Tennis is a sport that I can take or leave - last year I didn't watch any of Wimbledon, because there was a massive thunderstorm that knocked our satellite dish out of position in mid-June, but seeing as we were moving on 6 July we just lived without TV for 3 weeks, so I missed the entire tournament. This year, however, because I worked from home a couple of days last week, I've had the tennis on in the background and have really got into it. I watched Andy Murray come back from 2 sets down to win 3-2 last night, in a really exciting match, what is probably going to start being referred to as that match against Richard Gasquet. Murray plays Rafael Nadal tomorrow, but I'm not confident - sorry Andy!

Next up - Formula 1 British Grand Prix from Silverstone on Sunday. Come on Lewis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Euros were good werent they!! Some amazing matches and glad Spain won. Turkey certainly dont know when to give up - amazing game against Croatia.

As for the British GP - not sure I will be cheering Hamilton (I find him rather arrogant). Will be hoping for a miracle that Button wins it (or at least on podium).

Unknown said...

If Ben should join you in watching the British Grand Prix, please cheer loudly and often for Lewis (He's a Kimi fan). Tell him you know for a fact that his mother is also cheering Lewis on - and wearing the McLeran team jersey he got her in Indianapolis last year.