Wednesday 15 April 2009

A Productive Birthday

It was Mum's birthday yesterday. I managed to change my wedding dress fitting from a couple of weeks' time to yesterday so she could come with me, so Mum, Jill and I went yesterday lunchtime.

The good news is that the dress fits me (although it's a little long so they're taking it up). The bad news is that the dress fits me - I was supposed to have dropped two dress sizes by now! I just can't find any motivation at the moment, and all the exercise I'm doing is just serving as justification in my mind to eat what I want, so I'm not losing any weight. The trouble is that since early March I haven't had a period of a consecutive couple of weeks where I can concentrate on eating healthily, which is what I need: first it was Rob's birthday, then we went to Las Vegas, then my sister came down for a few days, then I went to Wales for a week and had to eat what I was given, then my parents came to stay (they left this morning). This weekend we're going to a wedding, I've got a few lunches and dinners on next week, the week after I'm going to New York, and before I know it, it will be the middle of May!

Anyway, after the dress fitting we went into Winchester for some lunch and to look for a wedding outfit for Mum. We didn't see anything at all that was suitable in any of the dozen or so shops we went into, until the last one (which we left till last because Mum had seen something in there that was her back-up plan if she didn't find anything else). Jill and I made her try on approximately a thousand dresses in there, and we came away with a lovely one. We also bought jewellery for the bridesmaids - although Jen's not keen on it so it's back to the drawing board with that one.

All in all, a very productive day. Plus I got to bring home my veil and tiara - I have another dress fitting in about 5 weeks once they've shortened it, and I'll bring it home after that.

No comments: