Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Year in Pictures: Week 25

Saturday 18 June


Bit of a cheat today and tomorrow because I wanted to put both these pictures up, even though they were taken on the same day. We went over to Ipswich today for a barbecue to celebrate Jon's brother's girlfriend's 30th birthday, which was a couple of weeks ago, and his sister's birthday, which is on Tuesday. We managed to avoid the rain showers and cook and eat a barbecue outside between downpours. Jon's Mum and brother-in-law made these two cakes for the birthday girls. This one is Louise's...


Sunday 19 June


... and this is Katherine's. They tasted as good as they looked too. Although I resisted the urge to eat any of the choccies.


Monday 20 June


Another slight cheat because I didn't take this picture - Rob did - and I suspect it was taken yesterday, but I didn't see it until today :). Not quite sure how I managed to make such a beautiful girl.


Tuesday 21 June


This is how she looked when I went in to wake her from her nap this afternoon.


Wednesday 22 June


The washing machine broke on Monday. I could hear a buzzing noise, and saw that the fuse looked like it was burning through the plug, as there were brown scorch marks on it, so I turned the machine off at the wall. I managed to pull the plug out of the socket today (the plastic had melted the two together a bit) and this was the state of the plug - and the socket. Once I got the plug apart it looks like it might just need a new fuse (and plug and socket plate) and the machine itself might just be fine. Well, apparently they do say that you're not supposed to put the washing machine on then go out. It's a good job I wasn't out on Monday; dread to think what would have happened if the sparks had turned into a fire...


Thursday 23 June


This is Daisy's innocent face, when she's knows she's being naughty. You know, something like going for my handbag when I've told her not to a hundred times :).


Friday 24 June


Auntie Jen arrived yesterday and she's staying the whole weekend!

No comments: