Monday 16 July 2007

Reconnected

What did we ever do before we had the internet? I had quite a frustrating week last week without it - I couldn't do my work properly because lots of our systems, including bookkeeping and file sharing, are web-based; I couldn't look up the name and number of a local plumber and a burglar alarm company, and the previous people didn't leave their Yellow Pages; I had to use the phone - the phone! - to book tickets for Harry Potter on Saturday (brilliant, by the way). Still, that's all over now, because our broadband was connected today.

Lots of people have asked to see pictures of the new house, so here they are. I haven't taken any of the upstairs yet, because it's still quite chaotic up there - we stripped the wallpaper off the walls of the main bedroom at the weekend in preparation for it being decorated next week; the rest of the rooms are still full of boxes so there's not much to see yet, but I'll take some pictures when it's all finished.

It's ridiculously difficult to take pictures of entire rooms, but I've done my best. First, there's the outside of the house, which you might have seen already on my previous post, but here's another one taken in better weather.




The window downstairs on the left in the above picture is the one you see here in the lounge.






This next picture is taken from the doorway in the previous picture, showing the other side of the lounge and the double doorway through to the dining room.





Here's the dining room from the other side, looking through to the lounge. The table won't stay against the wall - once it's in the middle of the room, I think there's room for an upright piano against that wall. Just need to start saving my pennies now...



Then there's the kitchen, first taken from the dining room doorway:






Then from the conservatory doorway. The conservatory is currently empty - we've ordered furniture for it today which will be delivered in 4-6 weeks, so again, I'll take pictures when it's furnished.




There's another room downstairs - the garage used to be double-length and the previous owners converted the back half into an office, and Rob's going to use it for his den, but again, it's not decorated yet and there's no furniture.

Rob's Mum and Dad are coming to visit this weekend, then they're staying the rest of the week as his Dad's a decorator. He's going to tackle as many rooms as he can in the week then we'll get someone in to do the rest.

More pictures to follow...

1 comment:

Julia said...

It looks lovely - can't wait to see it! Roll on August!