Monday 2 July 2007

Surrounded by Boxes

Not much to report, except that we've been packing since last Monday and are nearly there now. We've given 6 bin bags full of clothes and 3 bin bags of shoes to charity, thrown out a car full of stuff we don't need any more (and have another car full to take this week), and got rid of a LOAD of out-of-date food. We just have the garage to do now, then the rest of the stuff will have to wait until Thursday when the removals company arrives. My lower back aches after I've been packing boxes for a few hours but Rob and I are doing the exercises on his Easing Back Pain CD most days so it's not as bad as it could be - and nowhere near as bad as it was last time we moved.

On the running front, I've done my route another three times, so that's four times I've run the entire route (and another twice I've walked part of the way). Yesterday morning I found it really tough, though, and was a bit slower than my last couple of times. My calves started hurting not long into the run and were killing me by the end - had to do lots of stretches when I finished. I still don't like this running malarkey but I will stick at it for a while longer yet...

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Although it's a pain to do, doesn't it feel good to get rid of old clothes, shoes, and food like that? :) I have to go through that exercise every year or so, and am always surprised at how much I manage to get rid of!

Anonymous said...

I should point out that most of the clothes were mine - many akin to a kind of small one-man tent now I am slim (ish). But.... the food is all Sally - there were many items that were out of date when we moved in! We even had one can of tomatoes that expired in 1997! It was ready to explode :)