Thursday 13 December 2007

Air Conditioning is EVIL

My sore throat developed into a full-blown cold. I think I turned the corner at about 06:00 this morning, though, and will get better from now on. Yesterday evening I felt really rough - feet tired from standing up all afternoon, plus the usual cold-related symptoms: stuffy nose, cough, difficulty breathing, body aching etc - but today I feel a little bit better. I can feel my throaty cough becoming a chesty cough and my nose isn't quite so blocked. I still sound like a man when I speak, but I'll just have to live with that for a while...

Yesterday morning we left Melbourne and drove 160 miles down the coast to Hollywood, north of Miami, for The Spring Experience. We had a company lunch event, then afterwards, although I'm not officially working this week, I helped unpack 350 bobbleheads in the likeness of Rod, the company CEO, to give out to all the conference attendees. Rod took the gesture in the spirit in which it was intended :).

I went to bed at 21:00 last night, although I woke up at least every hour or so. This morning I've just spent a couple of hours catching up on e-mails and hanging out in the Executive Club concierge lounge - check me out - and this afternoon I think I'll go shopping :). There's a great shopping mall close to here, but I really don't want to wait till Saturday to go, because last year it was absolutely rammed on the weekend, and this year we're here a week closer to Christmas... I travelled over with a 3/4 full suitcase so I've got some room for purchases :).

Time for some more paracetamol and cough sweets.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

what are bobbleheads? are they like the stress ball things or something different?

hope you are starting to feel better, sending you lots of big hugs xx

Sally said...

Like the Churchill dog - his head bobs around...

Julia said...

More hugs from me as well. Do they really have medicinal powers? Hope you're feeling MUCH better now, anyway.
I wanted to ask about the bobbleheads too, so I'm glad Jen got there before me.....