Saturday 8 December 2007

Stupid Feet

I went to the gym this morning to do my now weekly 'long session' - an hour on the cross trainer. I had to stop after half an hour, though. Not because I was out of breath or my legs were tired, no. Because I couldn't feel my feet any more. I've mentioned before that I don't have very good circulation in my feet, and I get cramp when they get cold or when my muscles are tired, but this morning I actually bypassed the cramp stage and went straight to numbness in both feet. Rob suggested I go on the rowing machine, so I did, but I had to stop that after about 7 minutes because I was getting shooting pains across my shoulder blades, so I went onto the bike instead. I managed about 23 minutes on that before I got cramp in both feet at the same time. By then I'd actually done an hour of exercise, albeit on three machines with a little break between each, but clearly my body had decided that was the best it was going to do today. Better than nothing, I suppose...

No comments: