Monday 3 December 2007

08:45 is the new 08:00

It was still dark this morning when I left the gym to drive back home. It's usually dark when I arrive at the gym but the sun has risen by the time I leave. Today, however, I had had to get up earlier than usual to fit in going to the gym then getting home and showered in time for the bathroom fitters arriving at 08:00. So why, when they sauntered in almost an hour late, was I just pleased that they had shown up at all??? Just goes to show that if you lower expectations (see previous post about delays already suffered) your customers will just be glad to see you, and won't mind nearly so much that you've made them late for work...

I gave them the spare key before I left, and told them to lock up after themselves. They then said that they weren't doing the tiling; someone else would be coming to do that, and depending on how fast they could rip out the old fixtures, it might be ready for tiling tomorrow. I've no idea what position this leaves me in regarding the key: if they're not coming back tomorrow, they said they would post the key through the letterbox, which presumably means that I'll have to wait in again tomorrow for the tiler and be late for work two days in a row...

UPDATE 17:00: The good news is that the ripping out of the old fixtures only took a day. The bad news is that it was scheduled to take two days, and the tiler isn't available until Wednesday as he's finishing another job, so no work will be done on the bathroom at all tomorrow. The guys who were here today did at least have the sense to take the key round to the project manager, who will pass it on to the tiler on Wednesday morning.

1 comment:

Sarah L said...

Hope it's all sorted out now Sally! :-)