Tuesday 13 May 2008

Is Everyone Expecting?

I'm so glad I'm not struggling to get pregnant - the number of people I know who are expecting or recent parents would seriously get me down. Since April we've had three new babies born to work colleagues and we're expecting another 6 (that I know of) before the end of the year, including the lovely Nikki, who's been doing her best in the past week to ensure that Elena doesn't arrive for another few weeks. Plus there's the other lovely Nikki, who sent me a picture of her 20-week scan today, and then there's the equally lovely Clare, whose pregnancy I mentioned back in November. I sent Clare a text on Sunday, asking her how she was doing in her final couple of weeks. I didn't get a reply all day, but I then got a text yesterday morning saying that Harry had been born on Sunday night! Congratulations Clare and Wes!

5 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Sounds like it's contagious! You better watch out! :)

memento said...

To be honest, when I read the 'not struggling' phrase, I thought it meant that you were expecting, but after reading the rest of your post, I'm concluding that you're not (or not yet, with it being so contagious ;-) )

Bieke

Sally said...

No, I'm definitely not. And very happy about that... ;)

Jill Fosness said...

I'm not sure if this is the type of organization I want to be mixed up with - meaning dating a boy who works there ;)

Chelsi said...

It does come in waves that's for sure. And, yes, if you are struggling, it seems like everyone around you is expecting :)