Thursday 26 June 2008

So Many Shows, So Little Time

Becky, Clare and I went to see Beyond the Barricade last night in Fareham. This was the fifth time I'd seen it, in a different venue each time - sounds excessive, I know, but the show is more of a concert and they vary their programme, so I've never seen the same line-up of songs (or singers, as the two girls are on contracts, usually of a year or so at a time) twice.

In my opinion they took a little while to warm up - I was terrified that it would all fall apart during Think of Me from Phantom of the Opera early in the first half - but after 3 or 4 songs where they were a bit tentative, they settled in and sang brilliantly. As well as Phantom, they performed songs from Jesus Christ Superstar, Cats, Sweeney Todd, Blood Brothers, We Will Rock You, Miss Saigon, The Lion King, Spamalot, Les Miserables and more. Nothing from Wicked, but maybe next time ;). Clare said that most of the second half was lost on her as she hadn't seen the original shows, and whilst I had seen most of them, it did make me resolve to see the ones I'd missed - and to see the others again! We all enjoyed ourselves and are now planning our next trip to the West End, trying to decide which show to see first...

3 comments:

ljkolumbus said...

I'm so jealous that you get so see so many great shows!

ljkolumbus said...

(That was from Keri, btw. My mom must have logged into blogger. :))

Jenny Greenwood said...

As you keep going to these things without me I've finally found a similar thing on here and some people here that want to go too! Hope you're getting some ideas for our west end visit xx