Saturday 27 September 2008

Brown

Apart from my jeans, which I wear every day (not the same pair, obviously), all the clothes I wear fall into the brown/cream colour palette. I've been wearing these colours almost exclusively for a couple of years now, and when I'm out shopping I rarely even look at something if it's not in that part of the colour spectrum.

Until today. I'm going out this evening and I realised that I don't have any smart-ish trousers that I can wear with heels - a few pairs started out as dress trousers, but I managed to shrink most of them in the wash so they're now short length instead of medium length. So I went to Marks & Spencer this afternoon on the quest for a new outfit. I made three trips to the fitting rooms, trying on trousers and tops of all different colours and styles; I even took stuff into the fitting room that, on first glance, I wouldn't be seen dead in, because I know I'm not great at visualising how clothes will look on me as opposed to on the hanger. So after well over an hour and having tried on almost 30 pieces of clothing, this is what I came away with: -

Brown trousers
Cream blouse
Light brown sweater
Brown shoes

and, wait for it: -

Dark pink top

But now that I've got it home, I've changed my mind about the top so I'm going to take it back.

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

I think we need a big clothes shopping trip this December! Although, I hope you're more agreeable to trying new things fashion-wise than Jill is (Love ya Jill, but you're a tough egg to crack... although with this new hot bod, you might be easier to convince now). :)