Tuesday 2 September 2008

Victoria

I went back to the bridal shops yesterday with Mum and Jen and tried on the 3 shortlisted dresses, Cilla, Beatrice and Annette. Then I tried on a different one, Victoria, that I hadn't even tried on on Saturday, and bought that one instead ;).

I fully expected to buy one of the Saturday dresses, but when I put them on again yesterday I didn't like them as much as I had at the weekend. I had a fairly fitful night's sleep last night, because I kept dreaming that I went back to look at the dress I'd bought and, as with the others, realised I didn't like it as much any more but there was nothing I could do about it because I'd bought it now. It was only a dream, though - I had a look at the photos of it this morning (they let us take photos once we'd decided we were going to buy it) and am really pleased with my choice.

4 comments:

Keri Donald said...

I can't wait to see what you picked! I know you can't broadcast it to the world because Rob would know then everything would be ruined, but I can't wait to hear all about it!

Does your dress selection mean that your first girl (should you have one) has to be named Victoria? :)

Sally said...

I hope not! But I suppose if that is the case, it could be worse - I could have gone for the dress called Cilla...

Nikki said...

Congrats! If you describe the dress to Keri in an email, cc me! :)

memento said...

include me too ;-)
I am so curious about the dress!
(I had the same thing - I ended up picking a dress I didn't even feel like trying at first - and I'm still very pleased I did!)