Monday 24 November 2008

Busy Weekend

What a lot of people I've seen this weekend!

On Thursday, while still feeling snotty and horrible, I went round to see Jill who'd just got off a plane from Seattle. I didn't stay long because I didn't want her to get my lurgey as a 'Welcome to the UK' present, but I did want to say Hi before I left town for a week.

On Friday I left work around 11:15 and drove 2.5 hours up to Kingswinford, outside Birmingham, and spent a couple of hours with my friend Sally. From there I drove 2 hours up to Manchester, checked into the hotel and went to bed early, trying to get better before my weekend of visiting people. I spent most of the night on the phone to Rob and Expedia - despite the fact that I had a confirmation e-mail from Expedia, the hotel I'd booked for Rob in Vancouver had no record of his reservation, so I was awake between 02:40 and 04:15 sorting that out, then I was still awake at 05:10 and didn't really sleep properly after that so I got up at 07:30.

Saturday morning I met Catherine for a couple of hours, then in the afternoon Helen, Clare and I all went round to Nikki's house, where I met Nikki's daughter Evie for the first time and caught up with Helen's son Sam and Clare's son Harry. Saturday evening Clare and I went out for a meal, which was lovely.

Sunday I went to the outlet mall at Salford Quays to buy wedding stationery then went round to see Barry, my friend from Stockton (where I grew up), his wife Becky and their kids Olivia (2.5) and Alex (4.5 months). I went to church with them at 12:30 then later in the afternoon I went round to see Rob's parents for a few hours. Sunday evening I met up with Lynda, Marie, Nancy and Jean, who I originally worked with 8 years ago at a solicitor's firm in Manchester, although I've worked with Lynda and Marie more recently than that as well.

This morning I went to Glossop to visit Rob's Grandma - Grandad's in hospital at the moment so unfortunately I didn't get to see him too - then I left there and drove a couple of hours up to my Mum & Dad's near Stockton, which is where I am now. I've been out for a meal this evening with my friend Sarah, which was great, and I've arranged to meet her for a coffee on Wednesday so I can meet her fiance Jon.

I'm feeling a lot better - my nose has dried up a lot, although it's still not right, and the dreaded cough has come back. Still, I think I managed to see a total of 24 people between Friday and today and not pass my germs on to any of them. That's got to be some sort of record.

Plans for the rest of the week? Bowls tomorrow morning, some shopping, my Dad's the sound and lighting engineer for the local amateur dramatics society, which is doing a play this week so we'll go to that on Thursday, going to a wedding Saturday morning, and a concert that my Mum's singing in on Saturday night...

This was supposed to be a relaxing week - I'm busier this week than I ever am at home!

No comments: