Thursday 20 November 2008

Relapse

I'm annoyed. The cold that I had a couple of weeks ago has come back. I spent all of last week and the beginning of this week still trying to shake off the cough that came with the original cold, and I realised yesterday that it was almost better. Then yesterday afternoon my nose starting getting bunged up again and today I've just been in a cycle of sneezing and blowing my nose all day.

Although I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - I do have next week off work. As I've mentioned before, I do have an alarmingly high ratio of being poorly when I have time booked off work anyway. Apparently it's an actual medical condition: you panic so much about getting prepared for being off work that you run on an adrenaline high for a few days beforehand, then when you're off work and the adrenaline drops, you get sick. I haven't been especially panicky about being off work this time, though, and I've been very prepared - I started packing on Tuesday night and finished it last night because I was supposed to be going to the pub quiz tonight but this stupid cold has put a stop to that, and I'm leaving straight from work to go up to Manchester tomorrow. So maybe I'm sick because I need the week off and my body's winding down. Either way, it sucks.

I'm really hoping I'll feel a lot better by Saturday afternoon because I'm seeing Helen, Clare and Nikki and their kids (one each) who are aged 2, 6 months and 6 weeks and I really don't want to pass my germs on.

3 comments:

Jenny Greenwood said...

Get well soon and drive safely xx

Julia said...

Ditto that.
Really looking forward to seeing you!!!!

Sarah L said...

Hope you're feeling better now x