Monday 20 August 2007

Personal Trainer Session Number Two

My second PT session with Ben was this morning before work. I haven't exactly been very good with the healthy lifestyle in the last few weeks - for two weeks out of the past four, we've had visitors, and have therefore been out for quite a few meals, and I haven't really kept an eye on what I've been eating. At the same time, because we've had people staying, I have only been exercising about 3 times a week - which isn't bad, but it's half as often as I was doing a couple of months ago. I've felt like the exercise I have been doing has only served to counter the amount of food I've been eating. Of course, I'd much rather see my family and not exercise as often, but now that our period of having visitors is over I'm going to concentrate much harder on keeping healthy.

Last time Ben gave me various exercises to do, but no real goals to work towards; this time I have to record everything each time I go: when, how far, how many, which level, how long etc, so we can measure whether I'm making progress. Hopefully I can stick at it a little longer this time...

UPDATE 22 AUGUST: 6 or 7 colleagues from around the world have flown in for a meeting at the new office this week. Rob, Adrian and I, as 'hosts', are responsible for making sure they all get fed. I've arranged a buffet lunch to be delivered to the office every day, last night we went out for Chinese and we'll be doing something similar every night this week, and Rob and I are going away on Saturday for the weekend. But next week will definitely be better... ;)

2 comments:

Sarah L said...

well done on getting up and exercising before work. I don't think I could manage that - I'd be asleep at my desk by the afternoon!

Sarah L said...

P.S. I stole some of your blog content and made it my own. hope you don't mind - highest compliment to you for such wonderful content (i am currently, i have recently...)

cheers x