Sunday 19 August 2007

So it's not exactly 'cool', but...

...I'm 30 years old; I stopped worrying about what was 'cool' a long time ago. When I was a kid, my Mum taught me embroidery, and I really enjoyed it. In the last few years, I've done a couple of embroideries in my spare time and still enjoy it.

A couple of years ago, my Mum gave me this embroidery that she had done for us to mark the first year of living in our old house. Earlier this year, I thought it would be good to start a project of sorts, and do an embroidery for every house I've owned. I've only owned one other house before, and for the past few years I've been renting it out, but I sold it to raise part of the deposit needed to buy the new house, so I thought it was all the more important to have a reminder of my first house.

My Mum drew up the pattern for me from a photograph of the house, and I finished it before we moved down here, but I'm terrible at framing so I had to wait for my Dad to visit for it to be framed. So here it is: 15 Windmill Avenue, Salford, my first house.

Mum's very kindly drawn up a pattern for me for the new house (thanks Mum), so I'll be making a start on it soon.

1 comment:

Jill Fosness said...

No worries - I'm totally uncool too! I spent the majority of my weekend sewing, and I loved it!

I think that is a neat hobby! Of course, I think British houses are totally cute, so it'll make for good artwork, unlike my cookie-cutter Floridian stucco house...Of course I think Keri could make a nice embroidery!

Have a great week!