Wednesday 25 February 2009

7,000 Grains So Far

Mum sent me an e-mail yesterday with a link to a website called www.freerice.com. You answer questions on various subjects and for every question you get right, the company behind the website donates 10 grains of rice to the UN World Food Programme. How cool is that? I managed to rack up 2,000 grains relatively quickly this morning by answering the Italian vocabulary questions, then I did the same with the French vocab, then 1,000 each on capital cities, identify the country and basic maths.

So if you're looking for a quiz to pass the time, this one does just that AND helps the hungry!

I'm off to answer some questions on English grammar...

4 comments:

Julie Clement said...

I've played this for quite a while, and think it's good fun.

I do OK on everything apart from the art where I am spectacularly bad!

Julia said...

Advice to Julie Clement - if in doubt, pick Van Gogh!
When I did the art section, his name seemed to be the answer to about 70% of the questions!

Jill Fosness said...

I owned the geography! Well, I did, until I got to Africa. I had to stop playing out of fear they were going to start taking rice away!! ;)

Sarah L said...

Fantastic idea! I'll never get anything done now!!!