Tuesday 3 May 2011

A Year in Pictures: Week 17

Saturday 23 April


We went to Titchfield Abbey this morning, which turned out to be some very lovely, albeit not very extensive, ruins of an abbey that was later converted into a house, then abandoned. But it was a lovely day and we had a rare photo opportunity so we took it.


Sunday 24 April


I took quite a lot of pictures of Auntie Jen with Daisy today, and whilst I have some great ones of them both smiling at the camera, I chose this one for today as I love how natural it is.


Monday 25 April


The collection just keeps growing! Jon got back from a trip to Paris, Dijon and Stuttgart this past weekend. I don't know if Starbucks do mugs from Dijon and Stuttgart, but it wouldn't matter as I haven't been there, and rules are rules ;).


Tuesday 26 April


Nanna and Grandpa went home today, but not before another great photo opportunity. Daisy loved having them to visit us.


Wednesday 27 April


I saw this tonight, for the second time. It really isn't a see-it-more-than-once show, but it was playing in Southampton and Clare asked me to go with her and her family. I enjoyed it, but then I knew not to expect too much from it. And I clearly enjoyed it more than the couple sitting on my left, who didn't return after the interval...


Thursday 28 April


I spent all day today packing stuff from this house into boxes. Originally I wasn't going to be moving much, but then I started making a list of non-clothes items I'd need to take, like Daisy's cot, a couple of chests of drawers etc, and the list kept growing...


Friday 29 April


In between packing the van and moving house today, we made time to watch the wedding - I thought Kate looked so beautiful, and I absolutely loved the lacework and veil.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I can't believe you don't love We Will Rock You - I may be a relative musical novice but it was just amazing!
Ps. I love the blog!

Sally said...

Ellen, if you thought We Will Rock You was good, I'm guessing you haven't seen Les Miserables, or Jersey Boys, or Billy Elliot??? Next time you make your way south I'll take you. We Will Rock You is good, but if I want to listen to Queen songs it's cheaper (and sounds better) to put the album on at home. It's not like there's the added bonus of a storyline in the musical either... ;)

Ellen said...

I love that you're a musical lover, I'm extending my repertoire (We Will Rock You, Wicked, Promises Promises, Lion King and Billy Elliot in the last year, Rick is loving it!) but there's something about the storyline-less, almost pointless but still fun WWRY, no?
And yes please to a musical, anytime always!