Tuesday 12 July 2011

A Year in Pictures: Week 27

Saturday 2 July


We had pasta for lunch today, with broad beans straight from the garden :). We also concluded our week off work (or, in my case, parenting) with a trip back into London to see Les Misérables, Jon for the second time, me for the seventh. Alfie Boe and Matt Lucas are both currently reprising their roles from the 25th Anniversary Concert at the O2 last year, Jean Valjean and Thénardier respectively. They were both excellent, but really no more so than every other member of the cast. Everyone sang really clearly and was easy to understand, particularly Javert, who was played by Hadley Fraser, coincidentally also a feature of the 25th Anniversary Concert, although playing Grantaire, a much smaller part. This occasion marks the first time I haven't cried at a live production of Les Misérables. Wow, I must be growing up ;). Actually I think it's more to do with the fact that the last scene, where I usually cry, contains one of my now-favourite songs in the show (now that I'm sick of the usual suspects: I Dreamed a Dream, On My Own, etc), and I was concentrating so hard on listening to every note that I forgot to cry ;).


Sunday 3 July


Daisy came home today after a week with Daddy. Here she is sharing a joke with her octopus.


Monday 4 July


Daisy spent much of today putting assorted toys into my slippers, then taking them out again and grinning.


Tuesday 5 July


After having a really good day yesterday, Daisy decided to top it off by throwing up her entire dinner just before bath time. Fortunately for her, she was standing up and using me as a prop at the time, so I was able to direct the vomit away from us and onto the floor. Unfortunately for us, she had had pasta with a tomato-based sauce for dinner. It would probably have been easier to clean up if she had got it all over me instead of the floor, but I didn't think of that at the time. I spent half an hour scrubbing the floor while Jon put Daisy to bed, but didn't get much of it out. Here's Daisy admiring her handiwork this morning. I'll be ringing the carpet cleaners later on today.


Wednesday 6 July


Although she still hasn't mastered proper crawling yet, Daisy leans onto her hands from sitting, puts one foot on the floor and takes a 'step', dragging her other leg along with her. Which means she can get around the room pretty quickly now. Just 10 seconds before this photo was taken, she was at the other side of the room, and the next thing I knew, she was picking out DVDs.


Thursday 7 July


Boo!


Friday 8 July


Daisy got quite warm in her car seat this afternoon. I don't think it's the air temperature as much as the material the seat's made of, which doesn't breathe all that well. When I got her out of the car her hair had gone curly in the heat :).


No comments: