Friday 22 June 2007

We're Moving in a Week!

Our house purchase has progressed very quickly - our searches are done, our solicitor has received the contracts from the vendor's solicitor and we've got our mortgage offer - so we're in a position to complete. Ideally I would have liked to complete on 6 July, but our purchasers are pushing for completion by the end of June and seeing as we are able to complete next Friday, we've agreed to move out on 29 June.

I'm excited about moving, but at the same time I feel a bit harassed, because I've lost a week of time I thought I had in Manchester, and there's so much to do and so many people I'd like to see before I go. We had a really hard time finding a removals company with availability at less than 2 weeks' notice, but we managed to find one in the end. We're going to visit Rob's Grandma and Grandad on Saturday morning and he has a race in Manchester on Sunday morning, but the rest of the time between now and next Friday will be spent packing things up and seeing as many friends as possible to say goodbye. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Good Luck!

Anything you don't want to take with you I'm sure I can find a home for....

Jill Fosness said...

Good Luck! I am so excited for you guys!

Even if I don't get to move to Southampton, I'm still coming over to visit you two!

And good luck to Rob for his race this weekend!