Friday 19 October 2007

5 things that tell me I have a tan

Apart from the actual changing colour of the skin, of course.
  • The hairs on my arms turn blonde;

  • The skin on my face gets less greasy and I get fewer breakouts - but it also gets more irritated by the salt water and stings quite a lot;

  • I get 'old lady hands' - they look browner but also more wrinkled;

  • All the marks on my skin that were once scars and then faded come back, and go darker than the rest of me - this year, among others, I've got a mark on my arm where I burned myself on the oven a couple of months ago, and lots of scars on my legs from when I got bitten half to death last year in St Lucia;

  • The freckle on my chin appears - the one that only comes out after a few days in the sun.
Reading this back, I'm even less sure than ever why I want to get a suntan, but then I remember... Without a tan I'm really pasty!

1 comment:

Sarah L said...

you look lovely and freckly in your pictures!