Thursday 4 October 2007

Not long now

Haven't done much all week other than work and sleep (and go to the gym) - I've been preparing as much as I can for all eventualities over the next three weeks because, in case you weren't following my countdown timer at the bottom of the page (and if not, why not???), we're going on holiday on Sunday. A meeting has been scheduled at the Southampton offices for Monday to Wednesday of next week with people flying in from around the world, plus we've got three new employees starting in the next two weeks and a couple of other things going on, so I've organised a temp to come in for the duration of my holiday to make sure that things go as planned. Greg (my boss) told me yesterday that as I've been working 'like a Trojan' all week, I could have Friday afternoon off, but I didn't think I would be able to, as I had so much stuff to get through before going away. However, a couple of extra hours yesterday and today mean that I think I'm on top of things now (touch wood) and I just have a couple of things to do tomorrow, plus the handover to the temp, Julianne, who's coming to the office in the morning, so I might just make it out the door before 5pm. I've typed out a list of what's going on every day - who's in the office, who's a new starter, who's travelling, who's onsite with clients etc - so hopefully Julianne will have all the information she needs in case there's an emergency. And if she doesn't, well... frankly, what do I care; I'll be on holiday ;).

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

Wow... you only have to touch wood? We have to knock on it! You lazy Brit! ;) Haha!

Have fun on your holiday!