Wednesday 31 October 2007

Meeting Time Again

I'm home before 23:00 for the first time this week. There's a meeting going on at the office - we've had 10 people fly in from around the world, 4 consultants from around the UK have come in, and we've also got a client here for a meeting, and our accountant's spending the day with us tomorrow. And since the last time we had a development meeting at the end of August, we've hired another 5 people, so the office has gone from really quiet to really busy in the space of about 2 weeks. Plus I'm still trying to catch up from being away... I like it when we have people visiting; the atmosphere in the office is great, but I tend to do a lot of running round, making sure everyone's OK, clearing up after them etc.

It was Jennifer's 30th birthday on Monday so we went out for a meal to celebrate. It wasn't a particularly heavy night because she and a few others had only arrived in the UK that morning on a red-eye from the US so they were pretty jet-lagged. Unfortunately no one had a camera so we couldn't take any pictures. Yesterday 13 of us ate at the pub next to the science park and I didn't get back till after 23:00, and tonight 6 went to the cinema and 10 or so went to the pub for a drink. I was part of the pub crowd, but I left early as I'm shattered and need my beauty sleep...

When we have visitors to the office I arrange for lunch to be delivered, and I've been a bit of a pig today. I don't usually have pastries and chocolate for lunch, so why I felt I had to have some today I don't know. Luckily I had already been to the gym so was able to offset some of the calories :).

I haven't been running since before we went on holiday - by the time we got back home, sunrise was at around 07.30 each day, and I wasn't keen on the idea of running in the dark. Now that clocks have gone back, it's light an hour earlier, so I'll have to try and make the most of it for the next couple of weeks, before sunrise gets later again, and go running before work. I plan to go tomorrow - but then, I planned to go today but the warmth of the bed and the lure of another half-hour of sleep tempted me away and I had to go to the gym instead. Fingers crossed I manage to get up in the morning.

And before I go, I've just seen the gorilla advert again, which is just genius. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out, so check it out here.

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

What? No one had a camera? You mean Ben wasn't there bragging about his iPhone and unable to talk about anything else while stepping in to save the day and take pictures with his wonderful iPhone camera? ;)