Monday 22 October 2007

Home Again

We're back home and it's freezing! We put the heating on as soon as we got into the house at lunchtime and it's just getting warm now, 8 hours later. We even resorted to putting the fire on in the living room, and it's really toasty in here now, but the rest of the house is still taking a while to warm up.

The flight home was better than expected - I managed to get about 4 hours' sleep. It didn't feel like it - I woke up every time I moved, which was a lot, and I thought I hadn't slept much at all, but I must have because before I knew it, it was 09:00 and there was only an hour and a half left before we landed. Just before I move off the subject of planes, why is it that people coming back from holiday insist on wearing their holiday clothes on the plane? It was 10 degrees in London today for goodness' sake (that's 50 for you US folks), and people were wearing shorts and flip flops! More fool them, they must have been freezing.

So we're back now, and trying to stay awake until bedtime. Actually, I am; Rob's already asleep, although he didn't sleep much on the plane. I've done three loads of washing and have the last load in the machine right now, and a huge great pile of ironing that I'll tackle in stages this week.

It's been two weeks and three days since I last checked my work e-mail; officially the longest by far I've ever gone without looking. I was going to go through them this afternoon but I've resisted the temptation - what's the point of taking the day off work then spending all afternoon doing work stuff? So I have no idea how many messages are in my inbox, but I predict that it will take most of the morning to get through them...

Oh, by the way, photos are here.

2 comments:

Sarah L said...

welcome back!

photo's look fab!

I guess you have 289 emails - do I win a prize?!

Jenny said...

Lovely pictures - you look like a natural fish with your snorkel!

Sooooo Glad to have you home though!!