Saturday 19 January 2008

And... Breathe

Crazy week at work this last week. We had a load of people here, first in London then in Southampton, for a few meetings, plus there was an event in London on Wednesday that I had to go to, which involved getting up at 5.15am. I enjoyed the week, though - better than not having enough to do. But I do have a lot to catch up on next week now.

My New Year's list of jobs to be done is now reliant on other people doing stuff before I can complete it. We will finally be having our bathroom spotlights fitted early next week, after someone came round on Friday to skim the ceiling. He also took out the radiator screws, replacing them with shorter ones that didn't come through the office wall, so now I can get Peter in to fit the furniture in the office. And when that's been done, I'll get the carpet cleaner round to do the lounge, stairs and landing, and I'll also need to get the man with a van round again to clear out the garage, so we can put a bike rack up for Rob and all his new bike paraphernalia. He cycles into work now and has spent a lot of money kitting himself out properly: bike, for starters, plus windproof clothing and padded shorts, water bottle, lights, helmet, paniers, gloves, waterproof overshoes... I had no idea there was so much involved!

No comments: