Saturday 26 January 2008

Today...

  • Rob, Ben and I re-arranged the contents of the shed and moved the patio furniture into it from the garage;

  • I waited in for the man to come round and clear the garage of a van load of stuff we didn't want, including Rob's old bike (which the man promised would go to a good home, not just onto the tip), then I tidied up what was left in the garage and swept it out;

  • Rob and Ben went into Southampton to get a banker's draft for Ben's deposit on his new flat;

  • I practised Clair de Lune on the piano for almost an hour (and it doesn't really sound any better, but I'll keep working on it);

  • Rob and Ben picked up the keys for Ben's flat, and bought a bed for it;

  • I hoovered (sorry Ben, vacuumed, as I used a Dyson) the smallest bedroom, which yesterday was fitted with office furniture, then moved all the office-related stuff into there from the spare room for Rob to set it all up (computers, wires, folders, paperwork etc);

  • Rob and Ben washed both the cars;

  • Once they had finished washing the cars and the risk of bringing dirt into the house was diminished, I mopped the kitchen floor and Ben vacuumed the lounge;

  • I talked to Small Jen on the phone for an hour;

  • I did two loads of washing;

  • I mapped out a 4-mile run for Sara and me to run tomorrow morning.

    All before 3pm.

After that I was quite lazy - it took me till 8pm to do two more loads of washing, another half-hour on Clair de Lune and clean all the bathrooms. Slacker.

5 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Go Sally!

Nikki said...

Quite inspirational!

Jenny said...

and the highlight was? (this is where you're supposed to say talking to small jen...)

Sarah L said...

Ooooh how is the piano going? :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You managed to get Ben to do more work in one day than I could get out of him in a month when he was living at home.