Friday 4 January 2008

My uncool hobby strikes again

Remember I said I was going to start an embroidery of the new house, to add to my collection? Well, I finished it ages ago, around the beginning of November. My Mum had the frame at her house, so the plan was to take the finished article up to them at Christmas and get my Dad to frame it. 20 minutes into the journey from hell (Rob describes it better than I do), having already been diverted off the usual road because of an accident, I realised I'd left it at home. So I brought the frame back with me and framed it myself this evening. I hope I didn't do too bad a job of it - the back doesn't look as good as when Dad does it, but who's going to see the back when it's hanging on the wall??

Anyway, here's the subject matter: -


And here's my interpretation, with a lot of help on the pattern from Mum (i.e. she drew it!!): -

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

Holy crap! That's amazing!!!