Saturday 13 December 2008

Change of Heart

Since I moved out of my parents' house, I've never really put up Christmas decorations, because I've never spent Christmas at home. This year, however, I had a real urge to put up a tree, so I went out today and bought one. It had to go in the conservatory because there's no room in the lounge, so before I went to buy it I made sure that the electric heater on the wall in the conservatory actually works - if it hadn't, there wouldn't have been much point putting up a tree at all because it's freezing in there in the winter. We can still see it from the lounge, so that's nice, and I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out. And yes, those boxes on the right really are all our DVDs and CDs, still unpacked from when we moved in 18 months ago... As soon as we get something to put them in, we'll unpack them.

I was going to buy the tree yesterday after work but my legs still weren't functioning very well, so I waited till this morning and hoped I'd get a bit better overnight, which I did. Today I feel slightly more achy than I usually do the day after a hard gym session - but my gym session was 3 days ago now! At least today I don't have to scooch down the stairs on my backside or spend a couple of minutes working out the best way to get up off the sofa...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

xineohpCiao Straniera... Ti sento felice, spero non sbagliare...

Jenny Greenwood said...

Hurray a tree! It looks lovely, now I'm going to study the presents underneath and guess which one is mine...

memento said...

Beautiful Christmas tree! It looks far better than ours (but I guess ours is more child-proof ;-) )

Nikki said...

The tree looks great! :)