Tuesday 30 December 2008

Badminton: Must Try Harder

Rob, Jen and I went to play badminton on Monday afternoon. I was dreadful, particularly considering I used to play every week for a period of about 6 months while I was in Manchester. Jen and I played in a team against Rob, and he still beat us 4 times. Jen and I played two games against each other and won one each, then Rob and I played and I got trounced, and Jen and Rob played and Jen got trounced, although that was only to be expected. I wish I were better at it because I really enjoy badminton... I'll have to find someone to play with down here.

We left my parents' this morning, but not quite as early as we had planned because we had to turn round and go back for my handbag, which I'd left behind. At least it was only 7 miles into the 300-mile journey... Then I directed us the wrong way off the motorway so we had a 10-mile detour, then the sat nav took us a longer way home because traffic on the A34 was awful. Rob's getting a new car tomorrow so he had put just enough diesel in it to get us home, but because we'd had to do 45 extra miles we had to stop and put a little bit more in the tank to get us home.

1 comment:

memento said...

oh, and Happy New Year to the both of you of course!