Wednesday 10 December 2008

Nothing Works

Killer PT session this morning. We did squats until I couldn't walk, then crunches until I couldn't breathe, then boxing and press-ups until I couldn't lift my arms.

You know when you do some hard exercise - gym, gardening, whatever - and think 'I'm going to feel this in my muscles tomorrow...'? Well, no Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness for me today - more like Instant Onset. My muscles were already hurting before I even left the gym. I got in the shower at home and could barely hold my arms above my head long enough to wash my hair, and putting on my mascara afterwards was hilarious - I couldn't get my arm to stop shaking. I had to remind myself to get up from my desk every 30 minutes or so, so I wouldn't seize up entirely, and I did loads of stretches throughout the day in the hope that it would help.

I'm going for a bath. Yep, it's that serious.

No comments: