Wednesday 7 January 2009

Working from Bed

I don't have transport today and Rob's going to the doctor at noon to get some jabs for his trip to Sudan in a few weeks, so we're working from home this morning and going into the office this afternoon. The UK is in the midst of an 'Arctic snap' at the moment, and temperatures got down to -8°C (18°F) last night - to prove the point, below is a picture I just took of our pond. Our heating goes off during the day while we're not here, so this morning I turned it back on again manually when it clicked off, but it doesn't seem to be helping... Having spent an hour downstairs getting progressively colder, I am now in bed, fully clothed, with the duvet and a blanket over me, working from there. At least now only my hands are cold...

2 comments:

Jenny Greenwood said...

What about the fish? Are the frozen in the pond?

Sally said...

Don't worry, they're OK. Apparently in the winter they just stay at the bottom of the pond and hardly move, I guess as close to hibernating as fish can get...