Sunday 29 March 2009

More Pottery Painting

Jen came down on Wednesday for a few days - always a pleasure, never a chore.

On Friday we toyed with the idea of spending the day in Bath before going to Shepton Mallet to see our cousin Alicia in a show - her performing arts school was putting on 'Old School Musical', a showcase of musicals over the last 100 years. In the end the weather was awful for the daytime on Friday and we didn't really relish the idea of walking round Bath in the pouring rain, so we stayed home and just went over to Shepton for the evening. Alicia was fantastic in her show - she sang a solo of 'Wash that Man' from South Pacific and did various other dances routines, mini-solos and a monologue. She looked like she was really enjoying herself - which could not be said for all the performers ;).

On Saturday Jill came with us to paint pottery at a place I found in Winchester. Just like last time, mine took far longer than anyone else's - in fact we got moved to a smaller table because we'd overrun on our time allotment and I still wasn't finished. I was concentrating so hard on getting it done I let my coffee go cold - twice. We all had a great time though - I'm really looking forward to seeing how they've turned out. Here I am doing the aforementioned concentrating.


Jen left this afternoon for two reasons: firstly, because she lives so darn far away and it will take her the best part of 5 hours to get home, and secondly, because I need time to get ready and pack for going to Wales tomorrow morning. I'm stewarding at New Word Alive and I'm really looking forward to it. As Rob says, I don't do anything during the week, so why not?

No comments: