Wednesday 25 March 2009

Not as Tacky as Expected

That was my impression of Las Vegas - although we didn't go to old Vegas, so that might have had something to do with it.

I really enjoyed myself there; true, there's not all that much to do if you're not into seeing shows (and after one, Rob was all showed out), but I still thought it was worth a visit. We actually ended up spending an extra night there, because our flight was cancelled, but the airline put us up in Planet Hollywood for the night and gave us free meal tickets, so it was fine. I didn't have the best of days on Monday, the day we eventually left to come home - I managed to soak my book and my mobile phone in half a bottle of Cherry Coke, then the security lady noticed that I'd packed Rob's shaving lotion that he'd bought from the Art of Shaving in my hand luggage instead of the suitcase. I was able to go back to the check-in desks and they very kindly wrapped it in a box for me and checked it on as a separate piece of luggage - but then when we got back to Gatwick, it wasn't there. I filled in a Lost Luggage form and it was delivered to the house last night at about 21:30. I couldn't believe they'd sent a driver with it! They said they would just post it to us...

Anyway, I had a great time. Not desperate to go back - at least, not until I've started making money again and can afford to go to the theatre every night - but I'm really glad I went. Rob spent the weekend getting ideas for when he goes back in a couple of months with the boys on his stag do...

No comments: