Tuesday 8 March 2011

A Year in Pictures: Week 9

Saturday 26 February


Spring is on its way! This is what I see when I pull into my estate.


Sunday 27 February


Daisy, Jon and I went to Jon's niece's 3rd birthday party today. Daisy was really well-behaved. Well, unless you count farting loud enough to stop all conversation...


Monday 28 February


I love this casual, arm-up-on-the-sofa look :).


Tuesday 1 March


On four occasions in the past week, I've put Daisy on her back on the play mat, then gone to the loo or even just turned round to do something, and when I looked back she was on her front :). I'm pleased that she can do it, but I just wish I could have seen it, even just once! I've sat and watched her for hours, then typically the times she rolls over are the times I'm not watching ;).


Wednesday 2 March


As well as mastering rolling over, Daisy has really got the hang of sitting up this past week. She's gone from being really unstable a week ago to being able to sit for periods of a few minutes without toppling over. In fact, I put all these cushions round her in case she did lose her balance, but she didn't for the whole 20 minutes she was there :).


Thursday 3 March


I stepped out of my front door yesterday in flat shoes and promptly went over on my right ankle, ending up in a pile on the ground. Daisy was already in her buggy outside - I've run up and downstairs with her so many times, and yet thankfully I wasn't holding her the one time I fell. I sat on the ground for a minute or two, assessing the damage. My ankle actually didn't hurt as much as I expected it to when I got up, so we stuck to our plan of walking into the village. However, by the time it came to walking back from the village, it was quite painful and I had a bit of a limp. I also bruised my back, where I hit the doorstep on the way down, and my left arm, when I put it out to break my fall. But the thing that hurts the most is my right middle finger - I had my house keys in my hand and I think I twisted my finger when I hit the ground. It's really swollen and painful this morning :(.


Friday 4 March


I see this face a lot. This is her inquisitive look.

No comments: