Tuesday 9 August 2011

A Year in Pictures: Week 31

Saturday 30 July


We left Keswick today after a lovely week with Nanna, Grandpa and Auntie Jen. On the way home, we stopped at my friend Clare's house and met her 2-week-old daughter Matilda. Helen and Dave also came round with Sam, who turned 5 a couple of weeks ago. Here he is trying on superhero costumes with Clare's son Harry, who's 3.


Sunday 31 July


Today Jon, Daisy and I went to Dunstable Downs, which is probably the nearest set of hills to here, at one end of the Chilterns. It was a beautiful day and we had a lovely walk along the buggy-friendly pathway looking at the gorgeous views, but it's this view that I like the best :). Coke's youngest fan? [NB Before anyone calls the NSPCC, she didn't drink any of it; the ring pull was still attached.]


Monday 1 August


I bought a paddling pool today as it's so hot, which gave Daisy the opportunity to try on her new swimming costume...


Tuesday 2 August


Cute from every angle.


Wednesday 3 August


More splashing in the paddling pool today. It was warmer than it looks in this photo!


Thursday 4 August


Daisy loves playing with her Gymbabes ball. She specifically likes it when you throw it at her head. Seriously.



Friday 5 August


This isn't my picture, but it's pretty much what I saw on the other carriageway as I was on the motorway today (except I was at ground level, not in a helicopter). I went to Southampton to check on the house, see Liz, Caitlin and Ava and have lunch with Clare, then as I was driving home there was an accident on the other side of the M25. It took me 3.5 hours to get home, as opposed to the usual just over 2 hours, but I was just glad I wasn't going in the other direction...

No comments: