Tuesday 23 August 2011

A Year in Pictures: Week 33

Wow, am I in trouble this week and next! I hardly took any photos. But I do have lots of pictures for the days I did take out my camera, so I'll just spread them out over the week. Sorry it's not authentic...

Saturday 13 August


We went over to Ipswich today for the first of Daisy's four birthday celebrations. Jon's Mum and brother-in-law had made a cake with her photo on it, and she got some lovely presents: a hammer & peg set, a 'my first gadget' set including a phone, a remote control and a set of keys, and a wooden puzzle with farmyard animals that makes the relevant animal noise when you put a piece in. Here's her cake...


Sunday 14 August


... and here she is enjoying her new toys.


Monday 15 August


Jon baked schiacciata yesterday. How delicious does that look???!!! It tasted delicious too.


Tuesday 16 August


Happy Birthday Auntie Jen! Here's the view of Jen's screen as we were Skyping with her today.


Wednesday 17 August


The health visitor came round today to carry out Daisy's one-year health check. She's 27.75 inches long, which is the 9th percentile. She weighs 18lbs 1.5oz; the 25th percentile, and her head circumference is 46.5cm - around the 85th percentile! Maybe that's why she hasn't shown an interest in walking yet; she's got a lot of weight at the top to carry on those legs! The health visitor said she is doing really well in terms of motor skills and brain development, so it's a good job she's got lots of room for all those brain cells...


Thursday 18 August


This is how she looked this morning when I went to wake her up from her nap :).


Friday 19 August



I had an impromptu trip to Southampton today to sort out that carnage that was the defrosted contents of my freezer, after Clare went round the other day to find there was no electricity in the property. I had some time to kill before returning home as I didn't want to hit the M25 at rush hour, so I went to Hobbycraft to buy some frames and while I was there I finally figured out what I could do with the ceramic coaster Daisy made 5 months ago. I'd been trying to work out the best way of displaying it, and while this isn't exactly a ground-breaking idea, it was difficult for me to visualise how it might look as I have no imagination. I put it together after I got back from Southampton and I'm really pleased with it.

No comments: