Tuesday 16 August 2011

A Year in Pictures: Week 32

Saturday 6 August


Cambridge always has such interesting buskers. We walked past this guy as he was setting up, and I wondered what he might be doing with a steel frame and a violin... He was actually standing on one leg for most of the time I was watching him.


Sunday 7 August


We went to Wimpole Hall this afternoon, which is a National Trust place about half an hour from us. We had Daisy with us and just wanted a change of scenery, and it was such a lovely day that we didn't want to spend it inside, so we didn't bother with going inside the house but just walked around the grounds. Nice, eh?


Monday 8 August


Mothercare was doing Buy One Get One Free on ball pit balls so we got two bags on Saturday and gave the paddling pool a dual purpose. The last time I took her to a ball pit, she wasn't too keen, so I suggested to Jon that he put her in the paddling pool and add the balls a few at a time. I went upstairs to the loo, came back a minute later and she was already surrounded by balls, smiling away. I guess she's over her dislike of ball pits, then.


Tuesday 9 August


I took Daisy swimming today. It was not a success. She's been swimming with Rob quite a few times, but she didn't like it this morning. I thought the water was a bit cold, and I think that's what was upsetting her, as she didn't cry if she was distracted by a toy or another child, but after half an hour of crying I decided enough was enough. She was very cute in the changing rooms though :).


Wednesday 10 August


We went to Leo's Funzone today, which is a small soft play area at the Leisure Centre. It's free for under-1s, but when you get in there you realise why - there's not vast amounts for pre-walkers to do. However, as it's the summer holidays and we don't have Sing & Sign or Gymbabes to go to, a change of scenery is a good start, so I think we'll probably go back a couple of times before her birthday. Here she is at lunchtime. Apparently she really, really likes Diet Coke...


Thursday 11 August


Pulling herself up to standing is old news now. She's not really moving along very much once she does stand, but she has done it a couple of times. If you tell her 'Up' and 'Down' she'll stand up or sit down accordingly, though.


Friday 12 August


I've said before that I'm not keen on babies having things in their hair, particularly when they don't have any, but I figure she actually does have some now and I tried out this hair band this morning. I thought it looked quite nice, but I wonder if she had different ideas, because by the time we had walked into town it had disappeared...

No comments: