Tuesday 2 August 2011

A Year in Pictures: Week 30

Saturday 23 July


This is our home for the next week. Isn't it cute? It's called Woolstore Cottage and is in Keswick, where Daisy and I are on holiday with Nanna & Grandpa and Auntie Jen. It's got a lounge/diner/kitchen on the ground floor, a twin bedroom and shower room on the first floor and a king bedroom and bathroom on the top floor. Daisy and I arrived after the other three, and they decided that it would be easier if Jen and I shared the king bed and Mum & Dad would have the twin room, so Daisy could have her own room too - the bathroom on the top floor :).


Sunday 24 July


We spent today getting our bearings and having a walk round Fitz Park, just across the road from our cottage. A passing stranger offered to take our picture. Unfortunately she wasn't prepared to hang around long enough for Daisy to look at the camera.


Monday 25 July


We went to the Lake (Derwentwater) today after Daisy's afternoon nap. I worked out how to put my camera onto continuous mode, so I got loads of Daisy being gorgeous, but I chose this picture for today as Jen is just as gorgeous and we haven't seen her on here for a while.


Tuesday 26 July


Two pictures in two days! And talking of gorgeous, I think this is a really lovely picture of Jen. Today she, Daisy and I went to visit my lovely friend Sarah, who moved to Bowness, about 25 miles from Keswick, in the last year, and had this little man, Finley, a month ago. Apparently this is not the way he normally behaves - usually he's more vocal than this - but we didn't mind at all.


Wednesday 27 July


This one's a cheat, as I didn't take it - Dad did - but it was definitely taken today :). Most evenings after dinner Dad's been for a walk round town, and tonight he took some beautiful shots of the sunset over the Lake.

Thursday 28 July


Today was the only day we saw any rain - which for the Lake District is some sort of record, I think. It was also the day that an invitational Twenty20 cricket match was being played at the local ground. As it turned out, the rain was very quick to pass in the morning and the overcast conditions made it a good day for playing sport. Dad went and watched the match from the start and after Daisy woke up from her nap, we went and joined him for the second side's innings. Here are Daisy and Jen sharing a joke.


Friday 29 July


Today we decided to have a game of bowls at the park near the cottage. Dad won, with Mum a close second (6 to 5, although they play twice a week so they have an advantage), and Jen and I only got 1 and 2 respectively. I was playing with Daisy on my front in her carrier, and I'd like to say it made it more difficult for me to play well, but I don't think I would have played any better anyhow... Here we are celebrating our first point.

No comments: