Saturday 2 February 2008

In the time it's taken to refit our en-suite...

... the company I work for has changed name, and bought out another company;

... the lovely Nikki (who was very patient with me this week when she told me for the second time how to edit our website after I was stupid enough to think I didn't need to take notes the first time round - thanks Nikki) has gone from 10 weeks' to 20 weeks' pregnant;

... 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans have withdrawn from the US presidential race;

... Sarah has surely set the record for the number of blog posts during this period - 245;

... Britney Spears has been forced into hospital on mental health grounds - twice;

... Rob has bought two bikes;

... and my favourite, showing just how slack the bathroom company has been at completing a 7-day job: French President Nicolas Sarkozy has met, dated and married Carla Bruni.

Although, I am still reading the same book that I was reading 10 weeks ago. But in my defence, it is a 1,000-page book and I've nearly finished it...

5 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Haha! Puts that time period into perspective! :) I can't imagine what all would have happened by the time that our addition is done. For the record, we started the process in January of '07! So far I've grown a whole baby and he's nearly sitting up on his own. :) Wonder what he'll be doing by the time that we're done?

Sally said...

Well, Keri, if you get delays on the same scale as our delays, given that yours is a much bigger job than ours he could have kids of his own by the time it's finished... :) Let's hope you have a much better time with your contractors than we did with ours.

Rob Harrop said...

If we are really precise the job isn't actually finished. They still have the challenging task of fitting the damn shaving mirror. What a load of numpties. Beware those living in Hedge End - do not buy a bathroom from HTS - they are complete crap.

Nikki said...

You're welcome, Sally. I'm honored to have made your list! :)

Sarah L said...

lol great bloggage Sally! :)