Saturday 9 February 2008

Maybe I am greenfingered after all

I love peace lilies. I buy them when they're in flower, then the flowers die off, as perennial plants do, but the following year I'm left waiting for them to re-flower again, and they never do.

Until now. I noticed about a week ago that there was a bud on the peace lily that sits on my kitchen window sill, and this is what it looked like today. Yay! Plus the two poinsettias that I bought at the beginning of December are still alive - I'm usually lucky if they last as long as New Year's Day. Granted, they've lost almost all their green leaves, but the red leaves that are left look great!

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

I've always liked peace lillies too. Hope it lasts a long time for you...

BTW, I like your new exercise ticker :) I've been such a running slacker this month, that I need to get going again!! My 10K is the week after yours....