Tuesday 26 February 2008

My Fab Weekend

I wanted to write this and post it yesterday but I almost fell asleep in front of the TV at the grand old hour of 21:00 so I thought bed was a better option for me...

My weekend with Jen was great. The journey up to York not so much, but I finally got there after 5.5 hours. We went shopping on Saturday morning, then at around 4pm we headed over to Huddersfield, where my cousin Oliver was having a housewarming party. He's been in his house almost a year now, but it's finally finished being decorated (thanks in part to my Mum & Dad, who've made at least two trips down there to decorate various rooms), and it was Oliver's birthday on Sunday so he had a joint housewarming/birthday party. It was great to see him and my other cousin Alicia after 3.5 years - a fairly awful track record considering that until last summer they only lived 40 miles away.

I left at about 15:00 on Sunday and got home just before 20:00 - a better journey back, but it did take me an hour to do 2 miles on the M1, while three lanes of traffic all moved over into one lane to overtake a boat and a mobile home being transported on massive lorries that were straddling two lanes of the motorway. Travelling for more than 10 hours for a weekend away is tiring, but well worth it! Thanks Jen!

2 comments:

Jenny Greenwood said...

Thanks! It was a lovely weekend. The highlight being seeing you crying with laughter as we drove into Huddersfield down those cobbled pavements!

Chelsi said...

Just wanted to say I'm in awe of your running ticker right now - 53 miles! You GO!