Tuesday 25 March 2008

Feed a Cold

That's the old adage, right? Well, I took the advice very seriously this last weekend. I feel like a right old porker now, but I don't care. On Saturday I ate something at least every couple of hours. Not necessarily junk - I had a real hankering for savoury food and kept going back to the kitchen for a couple more crackers & cheese, or another cup-a-soup - but I can safely say that I never felt hungry all weekend, and just kept topping up my level of full-ness so I stayed between slightly hungry and slightly full the whole time. Of course, being Easter weekend I felt obliged to partake of an egg or two, but generally I ate reasonably OK - just lots of it.

I think this cold is getting worse again, not better. Today was the first day back at work after 10 days off - only 4 of those were working days, but I still had 209 unread e-mails this morning - and I really struggled towards the end of the day. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

One thing I really enjoyed doing this weekend was watching The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency on TV. It's based on the book by Alexander McCall Smith, about a woman who becomes Botswana's first female private detective. The programme that was on at the weekend was a feature-length pilot, and they're planning on filming a series of programmes based on the other books in McCall Smith's series later this year, to be aired next year. Jill Scott played Precious Ramotswe, the main character, and the whole thing was very funny and moving. Plus they featured a lot of African music, which I love. Keep an eye out for it if you haven't seen it.

No comments: