Monday 3 March 2008

Letter from Bathroom Company

We are very pleased to advise you that all works at your property have now been completed. Payment received in full with many thanks.

We hope you have been satisfied with the work carried out and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom.

My Reply

I write this while looking at a shaving mirror that's sitting on my dining table. It should be on the wall in our newly installed bathroom, but it's not. So I would have to disagree with the first sentence of your letter of 29 February.

I also have to disagree with the second paragraph too - we are not satisfied with the work carried out. We have a downstairs cloakroom that we intended to ask you to do if we were happy with the job you did on the en suite. I think it’s safe to say that we won’t be asking you to do any more work for us.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Good reply! I bet their letter had steam coming out of your ears!

Chelsi said...

Good for you with the letter follow-through. I can't believe they had the gall to send that for an incomplete job!

Letters can be very effective - I wrote one to a major kitchen store during Christmas time because of an order mix-up and then neglect to tell me of the mix-up in a timely manner and they ended up sending me a gift certificate to make up for it!