Wednesday 20 August 2008

It's Official

Our wedding date is 20 June 2009. I'm not going to say which hotel we've chosen for the reception, because this is a public blog and you never know who might turn up and gatecrash. I might be totally overestimating my own importance here, but I don't suppose the people who phoned Radio 1 a few months ago requesting a 'shout out' (incidentally one of my most hated phrases in the world) while they were on their way to an 18th birthday party had any idea that 2,000 people would turn up and cause thousands of pounds' worth of damage, so I'm erring on the side of caution. Anyway, if you'd like to know where the reception's going to be, leave a comment or e-mail me and I'll tell you.

So that's the date and the venue decided. Just the cars, flowers, dresses, suits, band... and everything else to choose now.

Got myself a nice countdown ticker on the side there...

5 comments:

Nikki said...

One exciting step closer! :)

Jill Fosness said...

Yay!! That is exciting! Did the bribing bear work?

Been wondering if the 13th was going to work out, I mean eventually your anniversary would have ended up on a Friday....June 20th sounds like a great anniversary date!

Anonymous said...

Sally - many congratulations. I had heard on the family grapevine that you were definitely getting married and happened to check your blog just as you have set a date!

Thrilling news and all the best to you and Rob.

Looks like you had a great time in the Lakes. I was up Scafell on Saturday - fantastic day

All the best

Oliver

Keri Donald said...

I'm sure it will be an absolutely beautiful June wedding!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!