Friday 22 August 2008

Jab, Hook, Uppercut

Ben had me doing boxing for the first time ever yesterday morning at the gym. I boxed until I couldn't lift my arms any more, then we moved on to ab crunches, then when my stomach muscles were screaming, I did step-ups onto a step about 18" high while holding weights in my hands. When my legs stopped working, we went back to boxing, and the whole thing started again. Man, it was hard work. I went home for a shower before work and I could barely put on my mascara, my arms were shaking so badly. I was so tired that for the rest of the morning I could quite easily have put my head on the desk and gone to sleep. I haven't been that tired for years. But it was much more enjoyable than spending an hour on the cross-trainer.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Wow! I seriously got tired just reading that!!! You go Sally!

Keri Donald said...

P.S. At first I thought you meant Ben Hale, and I was wondering when she started boxing! :S