Monday 8 June 2009

Dressed to Impress - in Neon

L-R: Sam, Becky, me, Jill, Clare and Cathy

Yes, we really did go out in Southampton looking like this :).

We had a fantastic day on Saturday. First, we went into Winchester at 12:00 to paint pottery for a couple of hours. We all did a piece of our own, then we got a star-shaped plate and wrote 'Sally's Hen Do 6 June 2009' in the centre, and all the girls wrote their names on it - can't wait to get it back; pictures when I do.

After pottery we went for lunch, then had a look round the shops. We went back to mine and I was given the gorgeous outfit you see in the picture above. While we were all getting changed, the boys arrived back from their afternoon of clay pigeon shooting, which they really enjoyed. They had more fun laughing at us in our outfits, though :).

We went into Southampton for a meal, feeling a bit silly in our 25-years-out-of-date attire, but at least we were all in it together ;). Clare had arranged a little 'Mr & Mrs' game for me - she asked Rob a series of questions last week, then asked me the same questions at the meal and I had to give the answers I thought most likely to have been given by Rob. If I got one wrong I had to drink a shot, and out of 19 questions I drank 5 shots (although it should have been 6; Clare let me off one as I got 3 wrong in a row and was struggling!).

We left the restaurant and went to Reflex, an 80s club where we fitted right in! We were given a hen party freebie pack that included an inflatable guitar, deely boppers (4 sets so I didn't have to wear them!), a pair of oversized sunglasses, a sweatband and a microphone, and we spent most of the rest of the night dancing and posing for photographs with our new props - as evidenced by the fact that Clare had more than 200 pictures by the end of the night...

Rob and the boys turned up at about 01:30, having been to the comedy club and a couple of bars, then we left at around 02:00. I had absolutely no idea it had got that late - I'm usually yawning by 11:30, but I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I was wearing flat shoes, seriously. I survive a lot longer when my feet aren't killing me.

I got up at 08:20 on Sunday, said goodbye to James, Sam and Rob's Dad, then took two painkillers and fell asleep on the sofa for 3 hours. Felt much better after I woke up the second time :).

Here are some of the better photos :)

In the restaurant, before they made me drink shots :)


Waiting to go into Reflex - believe it or not, Sam wasn't drinking


With my swag - microphone, guitar and sunglasses. I don't really have a yellow nose - it's just a badly-positioned spotlight


Towards the end of the night - still going strong

4 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Dressed to impress, indeed!

Looks like a blast! Although... I'm still not sure what a "deely bopper" is!

Sally said...

Here you go, Keri:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deely_boppers

Julie Clement said...

Sad indeed, not knowing what a deely bopper is!

Keri Donald said...

Thanks Sally! :) Now I know!