Saturday 6 June 2009

Countdown: 2 Weeks To Go

Things to do this week: -
  • Having met with Paul, the photographer, on Thursday, I need to make a list of the group photos we absolutely want to have taken on the day and send the list to Paul this week;

  • I need to speak to the people providing the wedding cars to confirm the details and pay the balance;

  • I didn't get the orders of service printed off last week, mainly due to the fact that the printer/photocopier at the church office was needed most of the day on Friday for other things, so I've arranged to go in on Monday and get the insides printed, then I need to make up the orders of service, using the covers that Jen has made to match the invitations and the pieces of ribbon that are currently stuck to the coffee table spelling the phrase '2 weeks to go';

  • Ben, our personal trainer, is away this week so I don't have a session, but I do have a new programme for the next couple of weeks. It's heavy on running, in an attempt to move some weight off my hips and thighs - not that it really matters for the wedding as I'm wearing a hoop under my dress, so you won't see the outline of my legs anyway, but I'm looking forward to doing a couple of days a week of running outside. I haven't done any running on the road since before I got knocked off my bike, which was exactly a year ago today.

  • Most importantly for this week, it's my hen party today! I wasn't at all keen on the idea of fairy wings, deely boppers, L plates, fake tiaras and veils, so I decided not to have a hen do, but Clare and Jill had other ideas :). I told Clare not to go too crazy, and other than another pottery painting session that I've arranged for noon today, I haven't been told exactly what we're doing - watch this space to see how it went! Rob and the boys are also going out on his stag do today - they're going clay pigeon shooting then to a comedy club in town.

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

I'm hoping that your "hen do" includes deely boppers and L plates because I have no idea what those are and I'd love to find out. :)

Also, one of my favorite wedding photographers (and apparently the favorite of lots of people as she's been voted one of the top 10 wedding photographers in the US, or maybe the world) is Jessica Claire of http://www.jessicaclaire.net/. Check her pics out for some inspiration for poses, etc. :)

I wish we could be there with you! I'm sure everything is going to be perfect!